Monday, April 19, 2010

Yesterday Mom and I happened upon a flea market in a small Louisiana town! I found two wool blankets and a wool shirt! JACKPOT! I love the hunt! It is so hard to find wool in the south I always think that it must come from a transplanted northerner like myself! I love having enough wool to create table runners and larger wall hangings but my true love is the hunt! I love hitting the resale shops and flea markets and coming home with old wool skirts, jackets, pants and blankets. I bring them home and throw them in the washer and dryer on the hottest settings, then I cut them apart. They always end up end up in the dye pot next, I just can't leave things alone! Today we will be going to Shreveport and hitting the shops there, I can't wait to see what treasures I will find! I am so glad to have my Mom to do this with, she has been doing this for years so I come by it naturally! This is a great and fun way to build up your wool stash so you can do all of the fun projects I am designing for you! Happy Hunting!

No comments: