Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Back from Dallas!!! A fun time with my daughter and grandchildren! We didn't get the shopping done that I wanted to but we took on a huge job with her home! We decided to take down the wall paper in her kitchen (of course the builder put it right on the drywall, no prep) so we peeled off the top layer and left the backing, that was day one. She decided she wanted a light texture so we used joint compound with a trowel, she has a large kitchen with the high ceilings, that was day two. We had to let that dry overnight before we could paint, that was day three!!! It turned out beautiful! It was a nice break from designing patterns and doing something different! I am getting to be an old hand at all of this. My husband and I have been remodeling an old "Low Country Cottage" FOREVER!!!! That is a whole other journey in it's self! We just finished the last bathroom and only have the Master bedroom left! Then comes the outside! And so on and so on! It is time for me to get serious about a new project or two with my business, I am ready to take on something new!

No comments: