Sunday, July 18, 2010

I have had this book idea in my head for quite sometime. I am sure it will come together slowly because I am not sure how to go about this. As an artist I feel I see things in a different way, but that is why I believe everyone is an artist! There is no right or wrong to art! Sometimes when I am painting I just get lost in it-I don't even know where the idea came from. Most of the time one thing leads to another and before I know it I have pages filled with ideas then comes the task of sorting them out and putting them either into a pattern or a painting. I love Folk Art! Folk Art is nothing more than the creations made from an untrained artist doing that which comes naturally to them! I think folk art mixes in any style of decorating! My house is definitely eclectic! If I see it and love it, I buy it and use it! I love primitive to formal! I love big things that make a statement and I love color! The idea for my book, well, we will see where that takes me!

No comments: