Friday, June 18, 2010

I got up early this morning to work on another new pattern! I have most of the drawing done but I haven't even started to put colors together yet! Sometimes I get a little ahead myself, I can't always wait to get the drawings done before I start putting it together! Sometimes I create it as I go! This one will be wool on wool felt. I like using the wool felt for the base (especially if its going to be a table runner) it just seems to lay nicer, but I love using the wools because of the different designs and textures. I just think it makes the finished piece more interesting! When I design, whether it be in my home or a piece of art work, it has to be easy on the eye, something I enjoy looking at. I don't always get it right the first time, but when I do I know it, because it will just feel right. So when working with your colors cut small scraps of different colors you are planning on using, lay them next to one another and on your back ground color, move them around a little. Don't settle until it is right for you! I really don't like to put colors down on my patterns because what is appealing to me may not be for you, so when making a pattern use the designers color choice as a suggestion only. Don't be afraid to do your own thing! I am so glad it is the weekend! We are going away for the weekend to a resort not too far south of us, it will be nice to get away. I have promised myself that I am not going to take anything to work on! I think sometimes you just need to turn it off! I say that but I know that a sketch pad and pencil will find it's way into my suitcase! But-for the most part it will be RELAXATION for me!

No comments: